Saturday, October 19, 2013

A Bit Nippy 2013-W42

Fall weather has definitely arrived, hopefully to be interrupted by one more heat wave (fingers crossed, two more).  The apples are falling from my tree...  as they have been doing for a few months now.  Something about this growing season was conducive to apples because I've never had a crop so big.  Been using an old snowshovel to round them up for the recycling heap as most fall conveniently to a sidewalk.

I don't find these particular apples to be very good for eating, but they sure feed a lot of wildlife in my yard.  When I take the trash back to the alley, I am enchanted by the smell of sweetly fermenting apple rot.  I think the robin family that nests here has been getting drunk periodically for the past month.

So with all that, I thought instead of autumn leaves I'd go with an apple for the subject in the study I did today at Salon deWinchester.  Enjoy, and check out the other art on the salon blog.



Unfallen

No comments:

Post a Comment