Saturday, September 13, 2014

That Darn Cat 2014-W37

I think that was the name of a Disney movie back in the groovy 70's, but the cat never got a franchise like Herbie the Love Bug. Feel free to let your mind drift away on a momentary current of nostalgia.  We'll wait...

Even though last week I gave myself the freedom to skip the occasional blog posting, I was sipping morning coffee #2 when suddenly I got motivation.  Not sure why whence or how, yet I popped up and cleared the clutter around my painting spot.  I began with a different kitty idea, and'll use it soon but it was too elaborate for today.  Instead we have a more geometrically designed cat.

Whilst painting, I felt like I was getting something along the lines of "bad cat in outer space" and so was inclined to make the background a little more cosmic.  But in the event, I decided I liked the background base coat just the way it was.  Go ahead and imagine it murkier if you like.

What I would like is some warmer weather, dang it.  We've had an early cold snap, brrrrr, and although I don't much like cats I sure wouldn't mind having a homegrown coat of fur today...  even if it meant coughing up a couple hairballs tomorrow.  Or on second thought maybe just a sweater will do.  Stay warm yourself and enjoy the latest in my series.



Bad Kitty IV

No comments:

Post a Comment