Saturday, November 1, 2014

Natural Horror 2014-W44

Normally I would have painted my annual Paintbox of Horror entry for today, but wasn't able to prepare sufficiently.  I hope to have it ready for you next week though.

Meanwhile, we had a different sort of horror in the form of the weather that Mother Nature sent our way yesterday.  One of the coldest most blustery autumn days I've ever seen, and although I got home without too much bother, my heart was breaking for the children who watched their Halloween blow away in the wind.

Essence of Autumn
I had no trick-or-treaters and only saw a couple plucky youngsters with even pluckier parents make the effort.  Next year I think I must hand out full size candy bars to help atone.  But in happier news...

Our chummy Salon deWinchester painted today for the first time since June — although we have met socially so we didn't have to spend the entire time yakking.  Artwise I revisited a subject I painted a five or six years ago.

I was walking up Damen Avenue in October and noticed a tree that seemed to have all the summer and fall colors on a single branch.  The original painting is to the right and today I reinterpreted it as below.  I'll check tomorrow to see if that poor tree has any leaves left after yesterday!



Essential Autumn

No comments:

Post a Comment