Sunday, February 8, 2015

Bark Bark Bark 2015-W06

Wellity well well well...  seems to me like I last blogged a few weeks ago. But according to mathematics, turns out to be nearer to 8 weeks.

And boy have I been hearing about it. Beginning last weekend I got emails, texts, and to-my-face "ahems" as to what's up with not blogging. How nice is that, to be missed out of someone's day/week/month?

Also fascinating: these where's your blog barkings sounded in roughly the same amount of time elapsed since my last posting. Could be an important social or behavioral sciences research project there. I leave it to those scientists to decide.

Back in mid-December I made a truly horrible first effort using gouache, so maybe the shame of that combined with the holiday rush and post holiday recovery conspired to delay all posting. Maybe not. Maybe I just needed a short break. We'll never know, but I'm finally digging out. Much like last weekend with all the snow.

2014 saw me paint several variations of a Bad Kitty. As I much prefer dogs over cats, I felt the pooches were short changed, so let's fix that. You have seen today's subject, Olive Puccio, previously on August 8th. That's when I announced the blog posting time was moving to Saturdays circa 5pm. The observant among you will notice that this post is going up on Sunday morning. That's because I had a much needed, awesome 3 hour nap on Saturday. Thanks noisy girls upstairs. But back to Olive, I think she will feature in some more studies while I stretch my painting legs and get back into my art groove.

Along with Olive variations I have a couple pent up portraits I feel ready to tackle. A book about how to approach Abstract painting lies atop my bedtime reading stack so we'll see if that long awaited foray into non-representational painting gets any traction in 2015. Meanwhile, here is the adorable Olive. Enjoy, and I'm glad to be back!



Olive II

No comments:

Post a Comment