Saturday, March 24, 2018

Chips Off the Old Block?  2018-W12

It's still Sunday March 11th, same day I wrote the prior post. Let's reminisce a moment about yesteryear. My father used to travel a lot for business, back when you still got paper tickets that came in a bundle and used some weird red carbon paper to imprint multiple copies. Those he knew. But, Dad was never comfortable with what we called an e-ticket then (which was different from that an e-ticket is now). Even with those, you had to check in at the airport counter and obtain a boarding pass. I can't know how Dad would cope with a boarding pass on a smartphone screen.

But I feel I'd have a better guess now. I've just finished writing and posting the last blog, and discovered that the blogging system and photo support are very different now.  Consequently I have some technology puzzles of my own to ponder and resolve. Where do my uploaded pictures go now? How can I breathe new life into my Historic and current Gallery? I almost wish I had a teenager to whom I could outsource this project!

I'll get there, if not this week than sometime before... let's say July 4th. With that, I'm done writing for today and will pick up the thread later this week. <PAUSE> <RESUME> Later this day, I was reviewing the last few posts and noted some things. The world now is very different since Gretchen Carlson took on and took down Roger Ailes. Though not the worst thing yet for him as it turned out. "Woke" is a thing now, which reminds me I promised to whip up some male banshees to equalize gender in that series. I have an idea on how to make that transition. Ok now I'm totally making a hard pause until another day.<PAUSE for sure>

<RESUME> and it's now almost 2 weeks later. Stephen Hawking has died, semi-ironically on Pi Day. March Madness progresses... and I suppose by that I mean the basketball tournament and not any antics on Pennsylvania Avenue.

I haven't resolved any of my Blogger riddles, but I have recently got a reMarkable tablet so I'm busy consolidating scraps of paper-lists and planning for a more organized 2018 going forward. I also managed to paint last weekend, adhering to my pledge to transition the Banshee series toward more gender equality.

While you may think this shows the same demure subject as last week's Banshee, it is not quite her. Rather, it's the old block off which she was chipped. A 'he' masquerading as a 'she'. I admit it's a bit of a cheat, and an easy cheap shot to boot. Too bad.

I do have a subject in mind for the first Mr. Banshee. He's a world class twat, and refreshingly not part of any current administrations. But let's not get ahead of ourselves. Here without further delay is Banshee number 12. Hope you enjoy it's misty mood. I'm fixing to try for back-to-back posts, so fingers crossed we will meet here next Saturday. Peace!



Banshee XII





No comments:

Post a Comment