Saturday, October 13, 2012

Mister Toad's Wild Ride 2012-W41

When I was a young boy, we lived tantalizing close to Disneyland — where, once the Tea Cup ride became boring one could move up to the slightly more thrilling Wild Ride of Mister Toad.  (Nowhere near as exciting as riding passenger during my late night speeds through lower Wacker Drive.  But I digress.)

Taking a similarly tame sort of "wild ride", I and my fellow member-artists in the Salon deWinchester have kept together for two years running as of today, and with excellent prospects for more "salonniversaries" as we like to call them.  And I think such togetherness of purpose over time is a pretty solid achievement.  Compare Salon to a book club:  less book-related conversation, somewhat less food, no liquor, but many more meetings to arrange and attend.  There's the hard part when you get right down to it.  Congratulations pending but first...

In the same vein of commitment, our Salon deWinchester blog posted its 100th installment today, with a posting every week since Saturday, January 1, 2011.  Now, going forward, the Salon blog will appear when Salon meets whereas the Painterly Thoughts blog takes over as the weekly blog.  I hope you will continue to patronize both blogs and perhaps check out some of the other links featured in the Awesome Links list.

Below is my Salon painting from today.  And with that said, on with the congratulations! to Eileen, Marge, Jacquelinia, Molly, Glen, Steve, our Guest Artists (and me), for two years of art and fun and fellowship at the Salon deWinchester.  Here's to many more!


The Autumn Bucolic

No comments:

Post a Comment