Saturday, July 27, 2013

Summer School 2013-W30

So last week we sweltered, and now at the tail end of this week we are downright chilly.  A happy medium would be nice.  I wonder, what does the wildlife make of this erratic weather...  do they notice or care?  I will say, it sure is good weather for sleeping (late)!

Moving on, sometime ago I bought a book titled Pastel School and I decided this week it was about time to matriculate.  All the requisite materials were in stock at my in-house art supply store; with no other excuses available I took on lesson 1 — which is simple as you would expect.  One beautiful aspect of pastels is, unlike a paintbrush or drawing pencil, it's not essential that you begin by holding the right end.  Challenge accepted! 

Evidently, as lessons progress I'll learn assorted techniques until (voila!) I ultimately combine the small subjects from the assorted lessons into one gigantic still life.  But if I were you, I shouldn't hold my breath waiting to see that...  unless blue goes with what you're wearing.



Pastel School Study I


p.s. to my art mates out there...  I drew this picture.  That's right, drew it freehand from scratch, no transfer paper.  So there!

No comments:

Post a Comment