Saturday, August 31, 2013

Just Don't Be Tall 2013-W35

One of my oldest friends (and former college roomie) was due in on Thursday for an overnight visit on his way to Alaska.  So for several hours on Tuesday and Wednesday I was occupied cleaning the house; by which I don't mean everyday cleaning and tidying but rather doing all those stupid things you can't be bothered with very often.  All the glass shelves and three mirrors in my vanity cabinet once again sparkle like new.  The big clunky furniture got vacuumed and mopped beneath.  Nooks and crannies and shelves have been dusted, except for the ones up top.  And only a very tall person would know that...

The innate joy of the housecleaning was further enhanced by the hot ambient temperatures, and though not quite a sweat lodge I nevertheless felt purified by the ritual.  And, pleased by the result; for the last two days I have thoroughly enjoyed walking around in my immaculate house.  Or I should say, immaculate for a person of my height or below.  I decided that it will behoove me to have a houseguest from time to time, if only to provide motivation to get the place cleaned up from bottom to nearly the top.

During the times I was cleaning in and around my studio, I gave thought about what I might paint.  I finally did pastel lesson two, and now those darn pastels are on a time out.  It's back to brushes, baby!  Eventually I decided to try another wet-in-wet painting in keeping with Propuesta 7.  Then, I'm going to attempt a special painting for a special event.  So y'all come back next week for that and meanwhile enjoy today's so-so poppies.



Pavement Poppies in Ravenswood

No comments:

Post a Comment