Saturday, February 1, 2014

Hold Your Horses 2014-W05

Let's open up with:  Happy Chinese New Year!  Evidently this begins the Year of the Horse.  I'm not sure what qualities this bestows on babies born under its auspices, but good luck to them all.

Speaking of horses, I'm not sure if young girls of today are fascinated by/obsessed with horses as they were in my youth.  I have to admit, I never got that... not that there's anything wrong with it.  I just found it puzzling, probably like the girls of my time scratched their heads about the allure of little plastic soldiers and cap guns.  But I'm sure we all agreed that Slinky did not deliver on its promises.

Our weathermen promised us a few inches of snow overnight and sadly, so it came to pass.  This inclement weather forced us to cancel our painting salon today, so I whipped up a quick (and timely) study of a newborn horse in lieu of the painting I had planned.  And when I logged in to write up today's posting, I saw my blog had its 2,500th viewing earlier today, so thanks for your patronage and a happy horse year to you all!



Baby Clyde

No comments:

Post a Comment