Saturday, June 21, 2014

Backup Cat 2014-W25

I meant to paint this week's artwork on Monday, but ran out of time.  My entire immediate family arrived mid-week for a visit and so my art studio had to morph back into its original identity as dining room table for the time being.

Thus I put the painting and blog post for this week on hold until next Saturday.  Instead, today's painting was done back in 2008 or 2009 during a class exercise where we painted in the style of one of our fellow students.  If you think that sounds like fun, it sure is!  Done in the style of Ken Schadt, the artwork displayed below inspired a continuing series of Cats in Hats & Wigs, which you can see in My Gallery.  While you peruse it, I will be busy enjoying some family fun and I hope you can fit some of that in too.



Kitti Longstocking

No comments:

Post a Comment