Sunday, September 9, 2012

What's all this, then?

My friendly art group, the Salon deWinchester, is reorganizing and may meet less regularly.  So thus presented itself a natural transition point to split off my weekly posts into this new blog.  Meanwhile the Salon blog lives on, to showcase works when the gang assembles.  Alright then.  Let's have us a painting and some thoughts...

I confess to not being a cat fancier.  We grew up having dogs, and I'm allergic to cats, neither of which helped the feline case.  I do freely admit that kittens are probably the cutest animal baby on the planet, even more adorable than puppies.  It's too bad they must turn into cats.

Anyhoo, in the winter of 2011 I did a series of paintings that presented cats in hats and wigs.  Specifically, cats that looked embarrassed or quietly enraged by the indignity of said hat or wig.  If you follow that awesome
My Gallery link on the left of your screen, you can view this delightful series.  And more.

As the cat series wound up, I pondered a companion series featuring the noble dog... with a pipe.  And after 18 months on the back burner, yesterday I whipped up the painting below — which I think may end up a series of one.  I feel it could use some finishing work but I am calling it done nevertheless.  I will say this about the dog, s/he does appear as though s/he could be thinking painterly thoughts...

And on that note, please become a Follower & thanks for visiting.  Y'all come back now!


Poochy Puffs Pipe Pastureside



No comments:

Post a Comment