Saturday, January 12, 2013

Winter Solstice, Belatedly 2013-W02

Despite my contrary prediction in a September post, a group of usual suspects will assemble today for a Solstice Sketching party.  Though I wager not a lot of plein air drawing.  Also defying all reasonable expectations for this, the coldest time of year, it appears our inclement weather will take the form of fog rather than masses of snow, with temperatures perhaps in the 50s.  Crazy~!

We are poised to break some more long-standing snow related records, and I was surprised to read that so far this winter, El Paso Texas has had more snow than Chicago.  And I missed what little we've had as I was in (snowy) Dallas!  However, with relatively fresh memories of "snowmageddon" a couple of years back I can't say I'm pining for snow.  I'm confident we will see it again and perhaps soon.

In any case, since I am off sketching I pulled today's painting from the vault.  I'm proud to say it's my first commission, awarded to me by the boy's mother.  She likes the painting, which I guess is the important result, though I hope you enjoy it too.  Oh, to be that young and exuberant once more!



Luca Laughs

No comments:

Post a Comment