Saturday, January 26, 2013

Atmospheric 2013-W04

For them who are curious about how the 2013 (non-art) resolutions kicked off, I'll report I did very well with a couple and most excellently procrastinated another two.  I think that's a decent beginning...  after all, if you could bat .500 in the Major Leagues you'd have the world's largest paycheck among non-Sultans.

Thus we transition to one of the art resolutions from last week's blog.  Actually, another one since I already read my allotment in Fear & Art.  With that accomplished I blew the dust off Acuarela Creativa and glanced over the next project, Atmósferas.  Not in the mood to do much translation, I skimmed the overview bits about J.M.W. Turner and the exercise itself but wasn't much motivated by either.

Fortunately, in the variations to the exercise I found inspiration.  Today I worked alternately on the blog entry and on this abstracted landscape study of a gathering storm.  Even before I had gotten very far, I felt this was a theme I could reexamine again and again in the future.  Plus it was fun to pick up the brushes after a three week interlude.

Looking ahead, I guess it would be sensible to translate the Atmósferas chapter and see what it has to offer before I have another go.  In the meantime here is the January version.  Enjoy!



Propuesta 5:  Gathering Storm

No comments:

Post a Comment