Saturday, March 30, 2013

One Propuesta Down... 2013-W13

Lemme tell ya, it's great to be back home and sleeping in my own bed: there is no substitute for your own pillow!  And I am eager to paint after being otherwise occupied for a couple Saturdays.  As I contemplated what to paint, I felt like today would be a good time to tackle the third and final intepretation of Propuesta 5—the backstory of which appears in the 2013-W04 and -W09 posts in the Archive.

Upon reflection, the first two paintings in the series seemingly depict the storm first as it gathers and then second as it rages at full force.  In the interest of completeness, for the third version I should probably aim to convey a spent storm that is ready to yield to sunnier skies.  I always think that's a cheerful time.  I love how the birds get right back to work; what a good example they set for the rest of us!

And that seems like a good point to wrap up this post.  I wrote it up on Friday before I made the painting, so we can all peer below and see how well I achieved my intentions... I'm not thrilled (especially not by the way the lower right appears much more teal in this photograph than in real life), but I am satisfied, and I'll take that.  Happy Easter, and enjoy!



Let the Sunshine In

No comments:

Post a Comment