Saturday, April 27, 2013

I'll Be With You... 2013-W17

I've been keeping busy down in Texas lately, and savoring an early taste of the warm temperatures that we in Chicago will enjoy for a day or so in the coming week.  Fortunately, I got back home before my apple and cherry trees blossom.  Yay!  For me, the highlight of the spring displays is the fruit trees in flower.  I often want to paint that image but ultimately decide watercolors aren't right for the job.  But never say never.

This week in the studio, I be on the scramble.  In defiance of the low odds, two family members have the same birthday.  Thus two cards to paint and post.  Today features the first card, an interpretation of a painting I did a few weeks back, channeling the spirit of Cezanne in the process.  And possibly Pollock in the background.  Card number one is already in the mailbox; as soon as I click "publish" I'll get card two on the easel.  (I suspect you will see it on the May 11 blog entry.)

After all the industry indoors, I think I will give my lawn its first mow.  Then I can sit back and wait on my fruit trees.  How I love this time of year...  I hope you, too, find your best way to enjoy apple blossom time!



Le crocus à la manière de Cézanne

p.s.  As you may know:  (I'll Be With You) In Apple Blossom Time  is a popular song written by Albert Von Tilzer and lyricist Neville Fleeson, copyrighted in 1920.

No comments:

Post a Comment