Saturday, November 9, 2013

Calm Beforehand 2013-W45

I just practiced some figure sketches so Salon deWinchester (check out the art there) was relaxing today.  Yesterday morning I paused to reflect on how this week has been a bit of a lull.  No celebrity hysteria. No looming crises of government, no big news stories gripping the nation.  We had no elections or referendums in Chicago.  A couple of overcast and cool days.  All in all, not much happening.  And I like it! 

In two weeks time we'll head into Thanksgiving week and the crazy toboggan ride that is the holiday season.  I try to dodge much of the madness but even so it cannot be entirely avoided for 8 solid weeks.  I'll have a couple of airport journeys to navigate and several nights on a very cold air mattress...  in all a fair trade to spend Christmastime with some of my family.  Way before that, I will have gotten my (only two nephews to buy for) shopping done early after which I do my darnedest to just enjoy the fellowship and goodwill of the season.

As I often write in cards, I wish you a peaceful holiday season.  Although personally, I'm hedging my bet and making the most of the peaceful moments we're having now!
 


figure sketches

No comments:

Post a Comment