Saturday, November 16, 2013

Rerun 2013-W46

I was unproductive at Salon so I went way back to mid-November of 2010 for a painting to show you today.

When we first started up Salon deWinchester, I hadn't painted for five months.  No surprise to find myself a little rusty; I undertook the first few Salon works as warmups — not good-paperworthy.  About a month in, I confidently busted out the very best paper for the painting below.  If mypetchicken.com is to be believed, he's an Old English Game Cock though I did use my artistic license on some of his coloring.  He was followed by several paintings which you can now see in my gallery as the Cats in Hats & Wigs series.

But back to our rooster friend, I still like to look at this painting and what's more, I like to reflect on how much I enjoyed the experience of making him and the cats.  I once read somewhere that happiness isn't something you experience, it's something you remember.  I'll think about that another time... right now I'd like to relax and turn control over to my birdbrain.



The Duke of Edinburgh

No comments:

Post a Comment