Sunday, January 24, 2016

Prime for a Study  2016-W04

For the first time in a long time, I got the post ready by 2pm on Saturday. When I realized: still week 3. To keep things tidy I've set it to post for your Sunday breakfast as the sun rises on week 4. Let's see if I can compete with the New York Times for clicks.

I want to call today's painting a study, but then I thought every painting is a study and vice versa. It was a learning day, about a new type of watercolor paint that uses some space-age polymer for a binder. I can't say how I find the new paints different, but suspect maybe they aren't best for portraits. Time will tell.

Besides the new paints, we also have a 'study in red yellow & blue', which can be tricky. I think that part went okay tho. If the subject's identity is eluding you, I'll offer a hint: Our banshee today is only just emerging, so her hair hasn't yet turned its customary ashy brown to match her brows. And whatever else...

Surprise, it's Carly! I don't think many people pay attention to her so we probably won't get to enjoy her antics much longer (darn it). Who but she could surround herself with adorable puppies and still come off creepy? Not many, I tell ya.

Enjoy the study and come back next week — I'm attempting something adorable. But for now I'm just off to take a painterly nap.




Banshee VI

No comments:

Post a Comment