Saturday, September 21, 2013

Equinoxious 2013-W38

Sometime this weekend the noonday sun will cross over the Equator and thus the southern continents can begin to enjoy their Spring and Summer.  We know what this means for us in the northern hemisphere.  Boo hiss.  I like Autumn just fine, and the first part of Winter is tolerable, enjoyable even, for things other than weather.  But then comes the new year and that awful 4-6 weeks before we get hints of Spring.  Sigh.

Continuing in the theme of dissatisfaction, I have mixed feelings about a couple of portraits I did recently of my friends Susan and Donna.  They're okay.   But I was on edge as I painted them because they're of people that I know.  (And like.)  With the "good" one out of the way, I thought I would do another painting of Susan with more reckless abandon and see what happens.  More satisfying to do?  It was.  More satisfying to behold?  Time will tell.



Susan Do-Over

No comments:

Post a Comment