Saturday, September 14, 2013

I'b Sick 2013-W37

But not very sick, merely what's turned out to be a fairly mild cold.  This particular cold started coming on in earnest late Wednesday and by Saturday afternoon, as I write this, I'm much better.  I don't remember having had a cold for quite some time now.  Maybe as far back as 2010, and that's fine with me.  I think many women will agree, there is no bigger baby than a sick man.

My runny nose was inconveniently disgusting; the sore throat and headache were bothersome for a half-day each.  Yet the most miserable part of the whole experience has been: I have no one to listen to me whine.  As we know, misery loves company.

Along the way were the usual sneezing and coughing, with colorful mucus and phlegm.  Oddly, as I gazed upon these expectorated bits, I found myself thinking about what paints I would use to make that color.  I think women will find that remark gross whereas men will find it mildly amusing.

Changing topics completely, this week I got started on a portrait of my friend and fellow artist Susan Sylvano.  I did some of the underpainting on Tuesday and Friday.  Friday evening I kept going back to it and so by this morning I had pretty much finished everything but the hair.  I hope Susan enjoys the painting, and if not then I invite her to extract her revenge by painting one of me!




Susan Wears Emeralds

No comments:

Post a Comment