Saturday, January 4, 2014

SOLVED! Plus, "And the Other 335?" 2014-W01

A + Barren + (Coat - Cot) + Hat
First, I am happy to report that a certain rebus puzzle that has been the topic of several past blog postings is finally solved.  So SPOILER ALERT...  the answer now appears as the title of the image in my gallery and to the right.

The prize for solving was a stuffed bear wearing a hat.  "A bear in a hat".  Get it?  An awesome Chicago Bears hat, even though the Bears did not finish out the season in an awesome way.  Oh well.

With that out of the way, we can get to the posting I had planned for December 14th but which painting I only just finished today.  So pretend you're still caught up in the excitement of Christmas instead of the hangover that is early January while you read on...

Now that over-the-top holiday themed sweaters are a thing, I first have to comment that intentionally gaudy renderings of same simply cannot be appreciated in the same way as the sincere, accidentally vulgar creations that started the whole ball rolling.  Get real or get out.  And with that said...

Move over garish sweaters, there's a new sheriff in town!  Christmas tattoos.  Talk about commitment, I thought to myself while I read an article that presented a glittering array of lurid noëlesque body art.  I suppose by their very nature tattoos are not meant to be tame.  Still, outside of the roughly 30 days from Thanksgiving to Christmas, why would you want such a tattoo?  They must look awfully odd with sweaty dew causing them to glisten in the dog days of summer.

They sure are compelling images though.  Without further ado, may I present this anonymous bicep adorned with a charming Yoda-Santa mashup.  I'm sure many of you who saw last week's post thought it was going to be the Grinch.  Gotcha.  On the off chance that Fox News personality Megyn Kelly reads my blog (hah) she will be comforted to see that, although this Santa is green, at least it's on the arm of a white person.  Please enjoy the painting with one eye as you roll the other eye (for whatever reason pleases you)!



The Force of Christmas Spirit Tattoo Always With You Be

No comments:

Post a Comment