Saturday, August 16, 2014

Sketchy, Two Ways 2014-W33

First, because obviously these are sketches.  Today the Truman Irregulars Summer Sketch Club was at Rosehill Cemetery, and these are indeed sketches of a fine fancy monument and a sweeping lakeside willow tree.  So, see... I can draw.  I just don't like to very much although during high school and college I did more doodling than note taking. Eventually I'll circle back and find the lesson to be learned in that.

Sketchy the second way because although I could have pawned these off as from today, I actually drew them at a different cemetery and two years back.  It was the end of a hot July, the London Olympics were underway and I was eager to get back home to watch an "unauthorized" real-time feed of some swimming finals.  I so hate how NBC insists on the fake delay nonsense.

Anyhow, with nothing artful to show today except a well-mowed lawn (finally), I went with my sketchy sketchbook sketches.  But at least I'm getting the post up right in the middle of the first Dog Watch, as promised last week.  I do have a challenging subject I have been procrastinating to paint, so perhaps I will get an early start during the week and have it for you next week at our new regular time.  In the meantime, have a lovely week!



Deathstyles of the Rich and Buried

No comments:

Post a Comment