Saturday, August 2, 2014

Whoops 2014-W31

I popped out of bed at the usual early time, and got right to work with laundry and some other chores.  I had meant to join some of my Truman art friends at their outdoor sketching club this morning but then one thing led to another and boom, I was on my way to Ikea instead.  Along the way I realized, whoops — no blog post and nothing to post in it.  So I'm afraid it's a rerun for today, and a late one at that.  I have been back from Ikea and took care of three other errands before I finally sat down to whip up this post.  It all began...

Four years ago at an event on Cape Cod, the event photographer took a great photo of me with my head in the clouds.  Art imitates life, I suppose.  It is my profile photo here, but even before the Painterly Thoughts blog came into being I painted this portrait from it about 3 years ago.  Since then, I have become the paterfamilias and if I were to paint me now I think I would have to lift a little (or lots) more black out of my hair here and there.  I still enjoy this one and I hope you like it too.



Portrait of the Artist as a Not Young Man

No comments:

Post a Comment